Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No longer covert: Coventry Bookstore

I have been a huge fan of reading since I was a little girl. As an only-child, reading was a great way of entertaining myself without driving my parents crazy. Reading fascinating stories indulges the imagination and is a beautiful way to be absorbed into another world. Not surprisingly, my love of reading and books has resulted in a love of book stores. One of my favourites in Melbourne is Coventry Bookstore, unsurprising located on Coventry Street, South Melbourne. Dangerously too close to my work, my half hour lunch break simply slips away whilst browsing the shelves of this inspiration haven.

The warm interior is crammed with gorgeous books that will inspire. There is an amazing selection of “coffee table” style books with stunning photography on a range of topics such as interiors, fashion, travel, nature and architecture. However, more “serious” books, focusing on topics such as business, self improvement, current affairs and health are not neglected and nor is fiction forgotten.



Above: Coventry Bookstore

A couple of books I spotted in Coventry Bookstore that I am longing to read include:
Source by Janine Burke explores the common threads that inspire a group of renowned artists and writers. Melbourne: The Making of a Drinking and Eating Capital by Michael Harden appeals because of its Melbourne focus and the historical aspect of how our cultural habits have changed when it comes to drinking and dining.



Above: Books Source and Melbourne: The Making of a Drinking and Eating Capital

There is truly something for everyone in this treasure trove of text and within a half hour lunch break you can be transported to another world of dreams and possibilities.

Address: Coventry Bookstore, 265 Coventry St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Phone: (03) 9686 8200

For other Melbourne bookstores, visit: http://www.manic.com.au/melbourne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment